DARIAH ATRIUM Project Manager
ATRIUM Project Manager
Full-time, 4-year contract (incl. a 6 months
DARIAH Coordination Office Berlin
Centre Marc Bloch e.V.
Closing date for applications
Based on TV-L 13 pay scale of Humboldt University Berlin
DARIAH - the Digital Research Infrastructure for the Arts and Humanities - is a European research infrastructure consortium whose mission is to empower research communities with digital methods to create, connect and share knowledge about culture and society.
DARIAH is seeking an experienced and highly motivated project manager to coordinate the day-to-day activities and administration of ATRIUM, a project funded by the European Commission. ATRIUM (“Advancing FronTier Research in the Arts and Humanities”) aims to exploit and strengthen complementarities between leading European infrastructures in order to provide vastly improved access to state-of-the-art services available to researchers across countries, languages, domains and media, building on a shared understanding and interoperability principles established in the SSHOC cluster project and other previous collaborations.
- Ensuring the day-to-day running and administration of the project, including the spending of the budget;
- Carrying out day-to-day project tasks including drafting letters, memoranda and project reports;
- Collecting, reviewing to verify consistency and submitting reports, other deliverables (including financial statements and related certifications) and specific requested documents to the Granting Authority;
- Supervising the timely implementation of project tasks and the delivery of expected results;
- Coordinating the collaboration between numerous affiliated entities and partners within the project;
- Organising and managing project meetings and events;
- Working closely with the DARIAH Communication Officer to ensure that project developments and outcomes are communicated both internally, to various DARIAH bodies and communities, and externally to various stakeholders and third parties;
- Carrying out further administrative and managerial tasks related to the general functioning of DARIAH ERIC as requested by the DARIAH Coordination Office and the Board of Directors
The ideal candidate:
- Holds a relevant higher education degree or equivalent qualification;
- Has specific experience working in and managing EU projects;
- Has specific experience working in and managing large-scale research projects, including event planning and general project workflows;
- Has excellent oral and written communications skills with a proven ability to work with a wide range of internal and external partners and stakeholders ;
- Is well-organised, conscientious, highly motivated and resourceful;
- Has the ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Is fluent in English (spoken & written); knowledge of German and/or another European language would be an asset;
- Has experience speaking in public, presenting project reports and describing project outcomes.
Who we are
The Digital Research Infrastructure for the Arts and Humanities (DARIAH) enhances and supports digitally-enabled research and teaching across the arts and humanities. DARIAH is a network of people, expertise, information, knowledge, content, methods, tools and technologies from its member countries. It develops, maintains and operates an infrastructure in support of ICT-based research practices and sustains researchers in using them to build, analyse and interpret digital resources. By working with communities of practice, DARIAH brings together individual state-of-the-art digital Arts and Humanities activities and scales their results to a European level. It preserves, provides access to and disseminates research that stems from these collaborations and ensures that best practices, methodological and technical standards are followed.
DARIAH was established as a European Research Infrastructure Consortium (ERIC) in August 2014. Currently, DARIAH has 22 member countries and numerous cooperating partners.
Terms and conditions
- The appointment is for four years with an initial six-months probation period.
- The salary will be based on TV-L 13 pay scale of Humboldt University Berlin.
- The closing date for applications is 05.11.2023.
- The appointment is expected to start on 01.01.2023.
- DARIAH ERIC is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the employment policies, procedures and practices which do not discriminate on grounds such as gender, marital status, family status, age, disability, race, religious belief, sexual orientation or membership of the traveling community.
- DARIAH ERIC is committed to a gender sensitive work environment aiming to reduce the barriers caused due to discrimination and gender bias.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please send your CV and a cover letter by email to recruitment ( at ) dariah.eu by 05 November 2023 at the latest.