Work is conducted at the Centre Marc Bloch by an interdisciplinary and international group of graduate students and researchers. There are several ways to become a member of the Centre:


- As a CNRS researcher with an "affectation" of the CNRS
- As an instructor of a French university with a "delegation" of the CNRS
- As a researcher or graduate student with a position or grant funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)
- As a researcher and graduate student with third-party funding
- As an associate researcher or graduate student
- As an intern