Chaire Marc Bloch
As part of the agreement with the EHESS and the Université de Strasbourg, respectively, a tender for applications is opened each year within these two institutions for hosting a teacher-researcher invited to the CMB in the field of the humanities and the social sciences, for either the winter or the summer semester. The CMB is seeking to extend this arrangement so as to include other institutions.
These Chaires Marc Bloch include the obligation to offer a course or seminar (two hours on a weekly basis, preferably in German or English) at the Humboldt Universität or at another university in Berlin, as well as to participate in research and training research activities at the CMB, within a research group at one of our four Research Poles: État, normes et conflits politiques/ The State, Political Norms and Conflicts; Mobilités, Migrations, Recompositions des espaces / Mobilities, Migrations, Reconfiguring Spaces; Dynamiques et expériences de la globalisation / Dynamics and Experiences of Globalization; and Pensées critiques au pluriel. Approches conceptuelles de la recherche en sciences sociales / Critical Thinking in the Plural. Conceptual Approaches to Social Science Research.
The incumbent of each Chaire will benefit from a workspace, and the Centre Marc Bloch’s infrastructure will be put at his/her disposal. In addition to reimbursing a return trip between France and Germany, the CMB will also assure a monthly allowance 1,500 €, related to subsistence expenses.
The tender for applications is launched in February-March of each year in each of the partner institutions. For further information on the application procedure, please contact the following persons directly:
For EHESS: Bénédicte Zimmermann (firstname.lastname@example.org);
for the Université de Strasbourg: Valérie Krieger (email@example.com).
The Centre Marc Bloch will submit all nominations to a Commission chaired by the CMB’s Vorstand comprising members of its Selection Committee.
Researchers invited as part of the Chaire Marc Bloch :
- Winter Semester 2022/2023: Roberto Dagnino (Université de Strasbourg), Birgit Müller (EHESS)
- Summer Semester 2022: Frédéric Keck (EHESS), Jérémie Gauthier (Université de Strasbourg)
- Winter Semester 2021/2022: Serge Reubi (Centre Alexandre Koyré)
- Winter Semester 2020/2021 : Andreas Mayer (EHESS)
- Summer Semester 2020 : Olivier Allard (EHESS), Régis Schlagdenhauffen (EHESS)
- Winter Semester 2018/19 and Summer Semester 2019: Masha Cerovic (EHESS)
- Summer Semester 2018 : Aurélie Choné (Université de Strasbourg)
- Summer Semester 2017: Thomas Mohnike (Université de Strasbourg);
- Falk Bretschneider (EHESS, Paris)
- Winter Semester 2015/2016: Alexandre Kostka (Université de Strasbourg)