The Scientific Council
The Scientific Council comprises a maximum of ten members, with an equal number of French and German scientific figures, for a two-year term that can be extended twice. The German members are appointed by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF); the French members by the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs (MEAE), by the Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS) and the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation (MESRI). It meets once a year, alternately in Paris and Berlin.
The Council members choose from among their ranks a Chairperson who will also represent the Council at the Members’ Assembly. The Scientific Council takes decisions by a two-thirds majority. It advises the Verein’s other bodies concerning how to achieve the Verein’s objectives as well as on all essential matters related to the Verein’s activities. Based on the director’s activity report, it focuses in particular on the CMB’s scientific approach, on determining its Research Poles, on its scientific quality, as well as on its researchers’ working and research conditions.
- Prof. Dr. Andrea Allerkamp, Europa-Universität Viadrina, Frankfurt/Oder
- Prof. Dr. Tanja Börzel, Freie Universität Berlin
- Prof. Dr. Johann Chapoutot, Université Paris Sorbonne
- Prof. Dr. Dorota Dakowska, Université Lumière Lyon-2
- Prof. Dr. Christophe Duhamelle, EHESS/CIERA, Paris
- Prof. Dr. Evelyne Lagrange, Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne
- Prof. Dr. Claudine Moulin, Universität Trier
- Prof. Dr. Johannes Paulmann, Leibniz-Institut für europäische Geschichte, Mainz